About the role
Do you know your LSI from your EEAT? And your FCP from your CWV? We are looking for an SEO Strategist who will take ownership of our clients’ SEO strategies and take them to a whole new world. You’ll be responsible for researching, developing, and refining strategic approaches to bolster our clients’ organic traffic in line with their goals.
In this role you will be working with our Technical SEO team and Content team closely to determine what is needed to improve the performance of clients’ websites, managing recommendations through to implementation, and feeding back to both the team and clients on the impact of recommendations.
The ideal candidate would have prior experience leading SEO projects and cutting-edge practical knowledge of optimisation techniques that actually work, driving real value for our clients goals.
About the role
- Working closely with our clients during the onboarding process via in-person and virtual meetings to understand their business and priorities to lay the foundation for an effective SEO strategy
- Working with our Data team to pull appropriate client and competitor data and metrics to support the auditing and strategy development process
- Researching and refining clients’ keyword universes to create lists of high-quality keywords to inform our SEOP approach
- Working with our technical SEO team to troubleshoot and prioritise site architecture and technical performance issues, to focus on actionable and measurable changes which will positively impact client KPIs.
- Creating in-depth, actionable strategic 6-12 month roadmaps to aligned with each client’s goals
- Providing updates to clients on the results of strategy deliverables
- Producing detailed content briefs, offering clear and concise guidance for our content team to generate copy that aligns with the overarching SEO strategy
- Measuring and reporting on the performance of SEO campaigns and assess against goals. Reporting back and communicating to team members and clients on impact of our work
- Working with other internal marketing channel owners to ensure the agency has a cohesive strategy aligned with customer goals and key performance metrics.
Some skills and behaviours we’ll need from you
- A minimum of two years’ proven experience within an agency-side or client-side SEO role
- A detailed understanding of how marketing decisions affect the commercial elements of a client’s business
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisation and presentation skills
- Time management – being able to juggle multiple activities and client accounts, ensuring on-time delivery of all required tasks
- Be able to quickly identify issues that may be affecting search rankings
- Deep understanding of keyword research, competitor data, content strategies
- Strong data analysis skills with data-driven thinking
- Hands on experience with SEO tools such as: Search Console, Google Analytics, SEMRush, Sistrix, Screaming Frog etc.
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets
- Knowledge of current SEO best practices and trends
- Proficiency in collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive client objectives
- A natural intuition to understand what does or does not fit within a client’s brand ethics
- A passion for digital marketing and a strong desire to learn and develop within SEO
- AdWords knowledge is also a bonus but not essential.
Anything is Possible. We believe it so much we made it our brand.
aip partners with leading brands on media, creative and tech solutions that transform client outcomes. We’re the youngest agency to receive Effectiveness Accreditation from the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising. And we’ve been awarded the IPA’s CPD Gold accreditation for our commitment to learning, development, and helping our colleagues become the best version of themselves.
No other agency has achieved as much as us in such a short time. And we’re still just getting started.
We produce work that delivers the best results for our amazing clients. We’re on a mission to transform the industry. We need great clients – and great colleagues – to make it happen. That’s where you come in.
We’re asking a lot of you. Make no mistake. But we give back a lot too:
- Ongoing dedicated training budget
- Mentoring scheme
- Headspace subscription
- Flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance
- Access to a world-class research suite including Nielsen, Similarweb, WARC, IPA, BARB, SEMrush, aipAware, YouGov.
How to apply
If this SEO Strategist role sounds like you, send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – and let’s get going.
This position is based out of London, Brighton or Manchester – but of course flexible options are available.