About the role
As Client Partnerships Director, we need you to take charge and help us grow our engagements with clients, through developing senior client relationships, providing leadership across your portfolio of client accounts and proactively uncovering growth opportunities. You will delight our clients with innovative and creative solutions that cover our three business areas: Media, Creative & Technology. With your help, we will grow the business and win new clients. We will win awards and challenge the industry to be better.
On a daily basis, you’ll be responsible for creating client growth strategies and overseeing the smooth running of client campaigns. You will have the autonomy to proactively build strong working relationships with internal and external contacts whilst ensuring high levels of effectiveness and quality is delivered across your accounts.
Reporting to the Head of Client Partnerships, the Client Partnerships Director role sits within the Client Partnerships function of the client team (and alongside our Delivery and Planning functions). You will build, develop and nurture client relationships so our client’s and our agency business can grow in tandem. You will embed, and lead a client-centric agency culture to create amazing client experiences, turning these into sustainable agency revenue.
This is an important role within the agency, working closely with senior client stakeholders, client planning and delivery functions and internal craft teams and leading and contributing to new business opportunities, as well as successfully onboarding new clients into the agency. You will cover an array of disciplines within the role including offline, digital, social, creative, content production, analytics and sponsorships.
The role will include leading key agency accounts, as well as acting as a senior figure on others, supported by other account handlers. You will work hand in hand with planning and delivery
leads across your portfolio to ensure we deliver award winning work, on-time and on-budget and to a high level of quality.
Every day you will…
- Demonstrate exceptional client leadership and collaboration skills to deliver creative media campaigns to extremely high standards of quality and in a commercially focused way
- Demonstrate exceptional client and relationship development skills and the ability to plan, manage and deliver growth strategies across your portfolio
- Develop strategic solutions to solve client challenges, drawing on expertise across the agency’s core pillars of media, creative and technology
- Prepare client documentation, such as Statement of Works (SOWs), quotations and contracts
- Ensure all work that goes out of the agency is to a high standard and exceeds client expectations
- Coach and develop the Client Partnerships Managers, working with them to identify, develop, nurture and close account growth opportunities that broaden and deepen our engagement with their clients
- Retain commercial oversight on client engagements, maximising both quality and profit and managing agency risk
- Support the agency on leading inbound new business opportunities as required
- Collaborate with the planning leads to request, gather and interpret research, competitor analysis, campaign trends and metrics to support development of client opportunities
- Demonstrate immaculate attention to detail
- Be a great communicator and listener, have excellent time-management skills and the ambition to take on more responsibilities
- Help grow our clients fees and scopes of engagement, working against individual client targets and the agency’s financial targets
- Support the team in delivering against non-financial Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) linked to client experience, effectiveness and operations.
Behaviours that drive success
Everyone in the agency shares our Possiblist behaviours. Working within the wider team there are some core behaviours that will help you succeed within the role:
- You should be inquisitive and have the confidence/fearlessness to question the status quo
- Solve problems and grab opportunities
- A demonstrable interest in data and analysis
- Help people around you
- Strong verbal and written ability
- Ability to distil information and pull out key insight
- Ability to solve problems in a logical, analytical and creative way
- A passion for building brands and behaviours.
Your Skills, Strengths & Qualifications
We are looking for you to come in and help our business grow. We want to draw on a wide range of your experience including:
- Five years+ account handling and client growth experience in an agency environment
- First class verbal and written English is essential
- Demonstrate market leading client management skills and the ability to plan, manage and deliver creative media campaigns to extremely high standards of quality and in a commercially focused way
Partner closely with Media and Creative leads to ensure our campaign ideas make most effective use of an integrated mix of owned, earned and paid channels, and are deployed via innovative, targeted media and technology
- Lead on the creation of measurable campaign KPI’s, helping to enhance creative effectiveness and improve sell rate of innovative ideas
- Ensure that client expectations are met or exceeded and those client relationships are well managed
- Demonstrating an understanding of consumer behaviours within media, and a working knowledge of media relevant to the client’s business including TV, digital, social, experiential, print, OOH, and search
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and execute effective solutions
Proactive attitude to try and improve the creative work and/or the delivery of campaigns
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of clients’ businesses, objectives and
- Ability to articulate client benefits derived from technical products and solutions in a
clear and concise way
- A great listener, with the ability to ask the right questions to uncover valuable
opportunities, insights and challenges
- Works well under pressure and thrives in a busy agency environment
- Creates strong and effective internal and external partnerships and collaborates across
the business. Listens and values the opinions of others
- Focuses on the efficient, accurate and timely delivery of client projects
- Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes
- Embraces change; maintains an open mind and is flexible and adaptable in the face of
ambiguity and change
- Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities
- Monitors and pursues growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career
- Demonstrable interest and passion for all things media and marketing-related
- Great interpersonal skills for the purposes of:
- Working as part of a team
- Stakeholder management and client relationship development
- Presentations and proposals
- Write clear, cohesive, client-ready documents. You have strong written and verbal interactions with internal and external teams (marketing, other capabilities, outside suppliers & partners).
Our Culture - aiPeople:
Our shared values are what makes our business.
We’re brave – We embrace uncertainty. We test, learn, improve and go again.
We’re diverse and united. We love meeting new people, embracing new ideas and exploring the possibilities. We come from all walks of life. When we work with great people, anything is possible.
We’re grown up. We show maturity in our outlook and attitude. We are fair and positive, but aren’t afraid to say it how it is and constructively challenge.
We want to change things. We want to make a difference to our clients and our people, every day.
We work happily. We come in, do the business and have fun.
We have high expectations of you
You must challenge the status quo and see no boundaries to what we can achieve. Be ambitious, be adaptable and be an expert in your field. Help us be better and don’t settle for
You will be an inspiration to the rest of the agency, to our clients and a leader within your area of expertise.
We want to take you out of your comfort zone, to stretch and to learn. You must believe that anything is possible.
In short, we want you to be the best person you can be.
We are a young business and this is an exciting time. You are joining the business in its infancy and have the opportunity to shape what we are. But that doesn’t mean we skimp on benefits.
Fantastic holiday, flexible working and a self-improvement budget for life are just a few of the things we offer.
This is on top of a competitive salary (DOE) and a flexible, supportive working environment.
We’re asking a lot. But we’ll give a lot back.
- Full IPA & BIMA Membership
- Ongoing dedicated training budget
- Regular agency socials (non-compulsory!) and all the perks of agency life
- Self-development funding for life, not just as an aip employee
- Mentoring scheme
- Access to hospitality at a Premier League football stadium
- Headspace subscription and further wellbeing initiatives
- Healthcare cashback & benefits
- Flexible working
- Generous holiday allowance
- London and Brighton offices
- Access to a world-class research suite including Nielsen, Similarweb, WARC, IPA, BARB, SEMrush, aipAware, YouGov
- Access to aip’s business library – if we don’t have the book you want to read (unlikely!), we add it to the bookshelf.
How to apply
If this role sounds like a bit of you, send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – and let’s get going.
This position is based out of Brighton or London – but flexible options are available.